Nottingham School District Goals
established by the Nottingham School Board and School/SAU Administration 2017
District Goal: The Nottingham School District provides services and programming designed to meet the needs of each student. The district will create an environment where students become independent learners and develop critical thinking skills. Students will demonstrate growth annually.
- Full day Kindergarten will be implemented at Nottingham School.
- All students will demonstrate academic growth annually on state and local standardized and normed assessments (such as the NWEA, NHSAS, NH Science Assessment, etc) therefore raising the percentage of students scoring at levels 3 and 4 (proficient and proficient with distinction) on State and District assessments, and lowering the percentage that fall in categories 1 and 2. (Substantially below and partially proficient).
- Commission a demographic study on population and enrollment projections and subsequent building needs using impact fees.
- Implement a World Language Program.
- The Nottingham School will implement an enrichment program.
- Continue to develop age appropriate executive functioning skills in students.
- Develop and implement a campaign to combat summer slide.
- Research, understand, and assess implementation of competency-based instruction and assessments.
Assessment and Reporting Goal:
District Goal: Consistently report (monthly) measures of performance to the Board on student achievement as well as the effectiveness of district programs.
- Conduct Regular Student Data monitoring and reporting
District Goal: The School District will continue to make efficient use of capital resources to maintain the school and grounds for the benefit of students and the community; to ensure safety and timely maintenance and to create space to support necessary programs.
- Create more space to support desired programming and academic goals.
- Complete the playground/field area.
- Improve the CIP process and ensure sufficient amounts of money are placed in the report to support maintenance and repair of aging buildings and systems.
- Ensure the Building Maintenance Capital Reserve Fund is appropriately funded.
- Use impact fees as needed to support initiatives related to increased student enrollment.
District Goal: To have a communication plan to maintain positive relationships between the board, the administration, school staff and community.
- Maintain an active Communications Committee.
- Maintain communication between the school board and administration as well as the school staff.
- Maintain communication between the school board and the community regarding district goals and achievements.
School Culture, Health and Safety Goals:
District Goal: The School Board is committed to supporting a safe and comfortable environment for both staff and students prioritizing safety and wellness for all, while balancing the needs of our elementary school students with those of our middle-schoolers.
- The school board is committed to supporting a comfortable working and learning environment for staff and students
- Meet with teacher representatives on a consistent basis to keep lines of communication open
- Develop, Implement, and conduct an annual climate survey
- Annually review survey results to determine areas of strength and areas needing improvement
- Develop new goals based on results and communicate those with staff and community
- It is the goal of the Board that the learning environment positively influences a student's understanding, beliefs, and habits as they relate to good nutrition, physical activity, and social emotional wellness.
- Create a wellness committee to be charged with regularly evaluating services that seek to improve the overall health and well-being of students, families, and staff and offer recommendations to the board for ways we can act to support these.
- Hear regular updates from Wellness Committee and communicate rationale behind and value of actions taken from those recommendations
- Continue to support curriculum involving social emotional learning and focusing on the whole child
- Offer middle school students age appropriate opportunities for lunch and recess activities
- The school board is committed to maintaining a safe and comfortable learning environment for staff and students.
- Annually assign 1 member of the school board to be a part of the Emergency Management Committee
- EMC will review results from annual climate survey from a safety perspective
- Hear updates from EMC and evaluate recommendations to maintain and improve safety
Additional Goals centered around Business Practices have been drafted and are currently under review.