Now that it is March, it is time for the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital’s Math-a-thon. I have been the Math-a-thon coordinator for the Nottingham School for many years. Although I am now retired, I remain connected to the school and the town of Nottingham through various activities. So once again, I will be coordinating the Math-a-thon during the month of March.
This event helps children refine their academic skills while teaching them that they have the ability to help others. Teachers will be sending home permission slips and Math-a-thon workbooks soon. Please return the signed permission slip portion attached to the collection envelope to your child’s teacher so that we have a record of who is enrolled in the Math-a-thon this year. Students whose parents have given them permission to participate in the program may begin solving the math problems and collecting donations from their sponsors.
Here are the steps for becoming involved and making the program a success.
- Register at St. Jude
- Share via email and on social media. Additional resources are available to you in your online fundraising center. Use @stjude and #stjudemathathon
- Track your progress. Encourage friends and family to donate online. Log any offline donations (checks only please) in your online fundraising center to receive credit toward your prizes.
- Earn prizes! Return offline donations to your teacher (checks only) in the provided envelope. These check donations will be collected and sent directly to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital by the program coordinator. SELECT YOUR PRIZES VIA THE LINK EMAILED TO YOU POST EVENT. Prizes will be mailed directly to participants’ doorsteps.
- UNLIKE PREVIOUS YEARS, IT WILL BE THE PARENTS’ RESPONSIBILITY TO ORDER THEIR CHILD’S PRIZES ONLINE SO THAT THEY CAN BE DIRECTLY SHIPPED TO YOUR HOME RATHER THAN THE SCHOOL. If you experience any difficulty in ordering online, please contact St. Jude’s directly by phone at 1-800-386-2665.
- THE FINAL DEADLINE FOR MAKING DONATIONS WILL BE TUES., MARCH 31st!!! Any envelopes with offline donation checks should be turned in by this date.
Thank you for your willingness to help the children of St. Jude.